HEY WHISPER FRIENDS! Check out the new stuff on “Baby #2 Journal”!
About The Whisper Family
My vision for this page has morphed over time. It started out as a way to relieve stress, I wanted something that helped me vent frustration and guilt…and everything that comes along. It was therapeutic at times, and still is.
However, I realize now that I enjoy writing more than anything else I do. Definitely more than my job, more than my hundreds of hobbies, it’s just my thing. If I could make a living writing, I would do it in a heartbeat. And maybe someday I will take the jump to full time writer.
For now, I am content being full-time Whisper Mom and part-time something else, with a little bit of writing when I find the time.
Whisper Dad is incredibly supportive of everything I do, including countless fad diets, a revolving door of interest changes, knitting for 8 hours straight, basically just…everything.
He’s like a unicorn. A responsible, caring, intuitive man from the Metropolis with the patience of a monk. What is that?! He’s like friggin’ Clark Kent! (Sorry, I’m on a Hulu binge.) There’s also a bit of a language barrier, especially when he says things like “Rigoata” (Ricotta)
And now, because I’ve spent way too long attempting to finish this very simple ABOUT page (like a month too long) , I have decided to just list all of the random nonsense you never wanted to know about us.
- I have the worst writer’s block when writing about myself. Which makes blogging about our life challenging.
- I enjoy challenging myself, in pretty much everything I do.
- Aurora was a pleasant surprise when I was 18 and I am grateful every day for my strong will that fended off the negativity surrounding my pregnancy.
- When it comes to certain things, I struggle with keeping my mouth shut, even though everything and everyone is telling me I should. Harassment and bullying are at the top of the list. Sadly, it’s often (or always) adults I find myself scolding.
- My favorite thing in the whole world is FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT! Usually scheduled for Thursday nights but I tend to beg for family movie night all weekend.
- Whisper Dad’s favorite thing in the whole world is PIZZA, and falling asleep five minutes after family movie night starts. It’s adorably annoying.
- Whisper Kid’s favorite thing in the whole world… hmm, I have a few guesses: 1.Watching Curious George with Whisper Dad. 2. Listening to The Piano Guys with Whisper Dad. 3. Milkshakes.
- We try to make it out to our Spot every year. Hint-It’s may be on a peninsula.
- I come from an almost comically dysfunctional large-ish family, where everyone is like a foot taller than me and everyone has an opinion on everything. I WILL blog my frustrations out often.
- Whisper Kid is a genius. I often feel like people are underestimating her. She has a little bit of evil mastermind in her, I love it.
- I consider myself a mom of all trades. See following…
- I cook, and I’m not totally terrible.
- I knit, and I make some badass stuff.
- I ride a motorcycle, but only when the weather is perfect for it. (Which is rare in Vermont.)
- I workout, like… “Do you even lift, bro?” Yes, and if you call me bro again you will see vivid proof in the form of a knuckle sandwich.
- I’m a dork, and say dorky things like “knuckle sandwich”.
- I fell in love with Paddle Boarding a few years ago. I’m not yoga level yet, but I’ll get there.
- I fix computers… for free most of the time because I can’t bring myself to charge friends and family.
- I’m always happily short on money because I care very little about it. Most likely the result of doing my best not to end up like my mother.
- Similar note, I’m terrified of being framed for a crime that someone in my family committed. I think that pretty much sums up that dysfunction I was talking about earlier.
- I’m also terrified of ending up completely out of my mind, like most of my family.
- My little sister is the ONLY person I can relate to in my family. She’s grey, I’m black. The rest are so white it’s scary, bah.
- Whisper Kid is a drama queen, she doesn’t get that from me… I don’t think… nah.
- Whisper Dad is SO patient. 🙂
There you go, you’re welcome. I worked really hard on that list…it was exhausting. I think I’m going to go take a nap now.
I love all who read, comment, share. So please, feel free to buy my love. 🙂