Just want to start with a little bit of a disclaimer; I am just a mom who desperately wants to see her child succeed without having to fight against epilepsy every day. The Ketogenic diet is not an easy diet to follow, especially for a child who doesn’t chew. So, I’m doing my best here.
This recipe, along with any others I post on this page are recipes that I make for myself and modify for Aurora. (Which basically means I puree them.) I get a little grossed out by the thought of pureed meat, more specifically baby food pureed meat. The protein is important though, as is variety. Also, making your own purees will always be a better option for your child as far as freshness and taste go.
Now for the recipe!
I am a huge fan of super simple and super fast. This is about as simple and fast as it gets.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbs. Montreal Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Small-Medium Onion
- 1-2 Medium Sized Zucchini
- Sliced White Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- Chives to Taste (Fresh or Dried)
- Finely chop onion and mix into ground turkey along with Montreal seasoning and garlic powder.
- Roll ground turkey into small (no bigger than 1 inch) balls and place on baking sheet.
- Cut Zucchini in 4, and make 1/4-1/2 inch slices in the zucchini. Coat zucchini in butter. (Melted or softened, either works)
- Place sliced cheese into zucchini slits. Then cover in chives.
- Bake both in the oven at 325 degrees for 20-25 Minutes.
You can throw them both in together, they usually come out perfect for me at the same time. Another plus to this recipe!
Let cool, or throw in the fridge until down to room temp at least. Mix in blender with water until consistency is right for the child. Aurora’s liquids are restricted so the average mixed with food is 2-4oz.
If your child isn’t on the Ketogenic diet, a good addition to ANY puree for a smoother consistency is applesauce.
Aurora LOVES this recipe and Whisper Dad too. I would love to hear what people have to say about it. Tips, additions, modifications, rants, raves…I will take it all.
Thank you for reading, sharing and being awesome! ❤ 🙂